Going gluten free was hard enough, but giving up our family’s favorite Beer Bread recipe was tough. In a quest to create gluten free bread, I tried recipe after recipe, tweaking ingredients each time. Finally, after finding the perfect mixture of various flours, I finally came up with a wheat free beer bread that has the right taste and texture that satisfied our craving for delicious bread.
Cut thick slices for a satisfying side dish with any meal, or cut thin slices to make a delicious (although crumbly) wheat free sandwich bread. For a delicious party dish, cut into chunks and serve with your favorite dip. It’s a tasty twist on an old recipe.
For the best results, use a pale gluten free beer that has a subtle flavor. For a different treat, use an alcoholic cider made by the beer companies. Enjoy!
The Best Gluten Free Beer BreadPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
1-1/4 cup white rice flour
1-1/4 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp xantham gum
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 dashes of salt
1 bottle of gluten free beer, 12 oz.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a stoneware loaf pan with gluten free spray oil.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the beer into the bowl, and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Bake for 1 hour. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the beer bread comes out clean.